Taking things a day at a time

Sunday, July 5, 2009

"If you build it, he will come."

As much as I am not a Kevin Costner fan, I thoroughly enjoy Field of Dreams. It's a great, inspirational kinda movie, you know? Plus, it revolves around baseball, which I love. So that's a bonus. I'm watching it right now; I haven't seen it in a while. When Ty would play that in the lobby during Bleacher Bums, I never got to stay for a few minutes and watch. I always saw it playing on the screen in passing.

Recent purchases:
+Purple 5-star notebook
+Color pencils
+Purple photo album
+Green with blue and dark green polka dotted bulletin board
+Volcom wallet (still waiting for it!!)
+Sour Icebreakers
+66 photos, printed them at Walmart
+Alpha Dog dvd
+Death To Smoochy dvd
+Pagemaster dvd
+2 packs of stretchy headbands; 12 headbands total

I'm calling these things "unnecessary purchases."



I saw this picture and I kinda laughed. Clever things like this make me giggle. It reminds me of that "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy" song by Big N Rich. :P Very amusing.

Yesterday for 4th of July my friend Tiana and I just spent the day wandering around, going to 2 different Walmarts, a Kmart, Pearlridge (the mall I work at), Zippy's for lunch, and a gas station. Although we didn't really do much, we had a good time not doing anything in particular. And today we went to see Public Enemies. I enjoyed it. I think most people would if they just ignored all the parts with that chick in it, the love interest, or as I called her, the Lady in Red. And if you forget that it's based on true events; if you just focus on it being a MOVIE and that its goal is to entertain people, then it's a good flick.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

When the "Save a horse, ride a cowboy" song came out... my niece was really into it. Sang it all the time... she was in 2nd grade. Yeah. Thought you might enjoy it... because when I think of a 9 year old singing that in the car with her grandmother, I laugh. As her grandmother (my step mom) hears this she screams "That's enough of that!" And pops the cd out. It was also a very popular song in my tiny hometown that is very country. Thought you might enjoy that story.

July 5, 2009 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

haha...i love Pagemaster. that's awesome that you bought it on dvd. also, i love marion cotillard (the lady in red), so don't be dissin'! mostly i love her because she's french, and because of the crazy-ass movie 'love me if you dare.' you should rent that movie. it may sound like some kind of romantic comedy, but it definitely isn't. i don't want to give too much away, but it's basically about a boy, a girl, and a game. and the ending is crazy. and it's one of my favorite movies (even though i only saw it once). haha. anyway, enough of my crazy french rant..

July 6, 2009 at 7:40 AM  
Blogger J. Cordelia said...

Haha, I don't mean to steal your thunder--we can share it. But, yeah, being video blogging (vlogging?) buddies wouldn't be lame, it'd be cool and I think we should do it, :)

Yeah, I feel bad about that, too. But by the time I get off work, I'm heading to bed. But now that I have have a new bedtime of midnight, maybe we can get it going again. It's definitely something that I always think about--I really think it's a good idea for a show.

Ah, Bleacher Bums...I was just watching videos on my comp that I filmed of us backstage and I came across the infamous video of Caleb doing some MAJOR overacting.

I love buying things that I don't really need...but then again, I hate it, haha.

I love that jar lable picture.

July 6, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home