Taking things a day at a time

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rory Gilmore hugs SUCK BALLS!

Two summers ago I had nothing to do at all, so I watched all the reruns of Gilmore Girls. And although I had avoided that show for a very long time, I ended up liking it a lot - more so just the first couple seasons, though. But one of several things that authentically would irritate me about the show was Rory's halfass hugs she'd give people. You know those hugs, I'm sure you do. Elbows out, tense shoulders, and the infamous two-tap pat on the back. Fuck those hugs! I hate it when people give me hugs like that; I've coined them "Jessica Cabral Hugs" with Amanda. :P Jessica Cabral used to be our friend and was cool, but then she turned into a bitch and ditched us for the dances sluts, and that is how she hugs us when we see each other. As if it's completely forced to do so, like she's obligated to hug us because we were ONCE friends. What a ho. Anyways, I can't stand it when Rory hugs someone. Is that the character Rory or actually the actress, Alexis Bledel? Whichever one it is, she hugs EVERYONE the same, including family members and boyfriends.

Last summer I got into One Tree Hill and watched it allllll online. This summer, however, I haven't found a show to obsess over and watch in its entirety.

I'm feeling a little better. I don't wanna throw up anymore, which is a bonus. However, my head still hurts and I keep coughing. I hate when I have congestion. Fuck. It just makes my throat more scratchy than it already was. I have work tomorrow but I was trying to find someone to switch shifts with me. If I found someone, I could go to the doctors, but since no one can/wants to work tomorrow, I'm stuck at work, hacking up my lungs and probably infecting the cookies I make. Oh well.

I drank so many cups of water today. I'm on #7 right now, and it's only 5:40 pm. I never drink more than 4 or 5 on a regular basis, mostly because I'm too lazy to get up and get water. :/

I found this video on youtube. I forgot how much I liked Raven, until I randomly came upon some vids of her, then I found THIS one. She shows up after the 2:00 minute mark.



Priceless, right?

I wish my head didn't hurt and I didn't feel dizzy. It makes it hard to stare at the computer screen for long periods of time. Which is shitty because I wanted to get working on my story.

OH!! So, I was thinking while I was at work last night making the bite sized chocolate macademia nut cookies about this question. So tell me what you think: What genre of literature do YOU think I would write? You know, thriller, nonfiction, adventure, young adult? That stuff. Just think about what genre you think I would fit best with as a writer. I'm really interested in what you guys have to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Cordelia said...

Haha, that video! I like Raven, too. The song, 'In Those Jeans' reminds me of my my Jr. year of H.S. when I went to prom and this random guy came up to me and pulled me out the dance floor and proceeded to give me a lap dance. Well, I guess not really, since we were standing, but I don't know what else I would call it. It was...interesting, to say the least.

I think you'd be really good at writing fiction--like real people, real situations type fiction; geared towards people our age. However I could see you excelling at writing for teens, as well. However, I have no doubt that you could probably write a kick ass memoir. Not sure if that helped at all.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I would say completely better, but I guess I'm not being an optimist tonight, haha.

Oh, and, I love your title. If I had no clue who you were and I saw that title, I'd be really interested in clicking that link :] It made me LOL.

July 15, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
Blogger J. Cordelia said...

Yeah, it's a job. However, I'm not even making min. wage.

I'm going back--I didn't make enough money this summer to do things I wanted to do come August/September. So, I figure, in the meantime why not?

Anyhoo, I'm not sure what I'd do if I was called on stage to be wooed to by one of my faves...I guess that's something to think about, haha.

And as far as the fiction thing goes, you could fictionalize people you know. But, also, make up new characters (who always have traits of ourselves or people we know) and put them in various situations that could actually happen. Have you ever read/heard of the book 'Stupid and Contagious' by Caprice Crane? That's a good example of what I mean.

July 16, 2009 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger J. Cordelia said...

Oh, and I never finished the play for Jill because last semester was more than I could handle as far as writing projects went.

July 16, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home