Taking things a day at a time

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Any Tuesday songs??

I don't think I can think of any songs with the word "Tuesday" in the title. I can think of ones with "Sunday," "Monday," Friday," and "Saturday." What about Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?

I got the due day wrong for my self-portrait for my art class. I know that my teacher said it would be due on September 29, but for some reason, in my head, I thought that the 29th would be Thursday. SO. I didn't have it done when I went to class today. I kinda cheated, a little, by finishing it reallyreallyreally fast outside once class was over. Then I slipped it into the pile of papers in the back of the class as if it was there all along. It looked super shitty because I rushed it. But, whatev. I saw some other people's and it looked like a 9-year-old drew it. Seriously.

Thankful Tuesday
1. I'm thankful for the fact that Hawai`i is relatively far from Samoa. There was an earthquake near Samoa today, which meant that Hawai`i had a tsunami watch for about 7 hours. I think the tides increased by 3-5 feet, but luckily nothing too intense headed our way.

2. I'm thankful for my friend TC. He's basically the only friend that I get to see on a (somewhat) regular basis; whenever I'm working closing and he's working the same night. I look forward to closing because that's when he comes and hangs out with me until I leave. It's nice just to have a friend to catch up with and talk story with, considering that I don't really have that many friends I see anymore.

Asher Book.

He's in the new version of Fame that just came out last weekend. I find it INCREDIBLY annoying when people talk to me about people/movies/songs/events/etc. that I have been raving about for a looooong time. And by long, I mean years. It happened with Jesse McCartney. I was his fan from back in 1998, which is well over 10 devoted years of my life, that's half my life man! Then all of a sudden when his solo album came out and he was on Summerland, everyone else was all, "Ooooh, Jesse McCartney!!" No. NO! I am a true fan goddamnit.

Same thing with Ryan Sheckler. Girls only liked him once his show on MTV came out. But I've been following him and his skating career for years! Ugh. Anyways, my point is that, once again, someone that I have been into and liked for a while suddenly becomes more popular and now everyone is going crazy over him.

It's also kinda like how I've been rockin the flannel shirts since ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. Yeah, that's what's up. None of this hipster/scene kid shit. No, none of that. But now it's "totally in" and I see it everywhere. Ergh, whatEV.

Aaanyways, moving on. I completely loathe not having enough space on my laptop. Because of it, I have to keep deleting music and videos and pictures from my computer. Also, I haven't been able to update my itunes, so I haven't been able to even get some of the free videos because it's required that I have the latest version for the download to work. I need more space!! And I know I have the external hard drive, but that would mean it always has to be hooked up to my laptop if I store things on it that I wanna use, like music. But there isn't enough space on my counter where my laptop is situated, and I don't have a free usb port to plug it in. >_< Well, I guess I need to wait until I can buy a new laptop. Pssh, whenever that'll be...

THANKS ALESSA FOR HELPING ME FIGURE STUFF OUT FOR MY VISIT IN NOVEMBER!!! :)

Song of the day: "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

duh ruby tuesday by the rolling stones!! haha..i haven't read the rest of your entry yet, but i had to get that out of the way. there's also a song by michelle branch called tuesday morning that's okay i guess

September 30, 2009 at 2:58 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

you're going to linfield in november!!?? jealous!! but that's awesome for you. you are totally going to have a great time, i'm sure.
i understand about the whole, 'liking stuff before other people' thing. i feel that way a lot. especially with tv shows. i hate when people start watching tv shows that i like, and then ruining them for me.

September 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

YAY! You mentioned me! I am just really pumped about you coming to visit, so I would do whatever to help.

So, the bit about you liking stuff then others only like it recently and acting like they know everything about that thing... yeah, I soooo understand. So, as you know, I am really hard core into the Beatles. And I have pretty much been a die hard fan since I was young... At least 10 years. And I hate that people who never listen to The Beatles are all of a sudden really into the Beatles because of the game. HATE THAT! Or they try and tell me shit about The Beatles, like trivia facts and get it wrong then try to tell me I am wrong when I correct them. That really pisses me off. Or when they wear Beatles t-shirts and they have never listened to any song other than Yellow Submarine or none at all.

Anyway, moving on. Crazy about the Tsunami warnings. That's a little scary.

September 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Sidan Archion said...

I didn't know he existed before Summerland. I still think he is gorgeous. Just saying. Also I have a tendency not to notice popular trends till after the happen, so I guess I just fail. Expect for Lady Gaga. I had CD like three months before she boomed.

So everything worked out with you coming November? I am a financial backer, do you know who is buying the ticket? Yeah Zaida! I am super excited.

September 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home