Taking things a day at a time

Friday, September 11, 2009

A day out and about :)

Song of the day: "This Is My Life" by Fefe Dobson

Going out with Tiana today to Mac 24-7 was fun. It was the first time that I got out of the house for something other than school or work in weeks. The pancakes were huge! 14 inches wide dudes. Check it out.



With bananas and chocolate. Yummmm. :] We only got through half of it though. I each only had a quarter, but Tiana also got a sumo saimin, so she had a lot to eat. I was getting tired after my first plate. :P And as you guys know, I eat frickin slow. So, that didn't help. But it was just intense to have this sitting in front of me. Oh, and I also got a side of bacon, like the guy from Man Vs. Food did when he took on this on his show.

And since I'm on the topic of circular scrumptious treats...I made Tiana a giant cookie last night when I was at work. It was her birthday last weekend and I missed her party. So to make up for it (and also for not getting/making her a gift since I'm short on money, duh) I made her this:




It says "You Rock Tiana" if you can't read it, and I also tried to make the rocker hand with the frosting. :P I think it came out pretty nice. It's 2.5 lbs of chocolate chip cookie dough. Delicious. ^_^ I think it's about the same size of the pancakes we had today, if not a little bigger.

Oh, and Tiana totally peer pressured me into getting this sweet teal/grey plaid Hurley jacket from PacSun today. I didn't need, don't need it, and it cost me $40. $40 which I should've saved for something, like paying Linfield back, something important like that. But I figured (after she convinced me to get it), "fuck it, I never get anything like this for myself. Ever." So I just bought it. And I wonder if my mom wondered what I bought when I came home and she saw me carrying the big brown, PacSun bag...me wonders.

OH! AND I TOTALLY MISSED MEETING THE JABBAWOCKEEZ TODAY!!!!

Epic fail. *sigh* They were even at the same mall that I work at! Fuck. They had a signing at Razor Concepts, but I knew that there'd be choke people trying to meet them, so I didn't even bring it up Tiana, because I doubt we would've made it to them before they would shoo everybody away. My friend Tarina is a UH Rainbow Dancer, and they helped out at the signing. So she got to meet them, for the SECOND time. So I guess she wasn't "meeting" them. The first time was when they visited her dance company. Lucky ho bag. :P

Unfortunately, being out most of the day didn't allow me to paint my room today. :( I got up about 10, and left after 11, then didn't get home until 5:45. And tomorrow I'm out all day with my dad, probably going to a movie; hopefully Inglorious Basterds because we still haven't seen that yet. And I guess I could do my homework tomorrow, so that I can spend most of the SunDAY painting, because it takes a freakishly long time for the room to air out. The smell sticks around for at least 2 days. Which is uber shitty, but, oh well, it's gotta be done. I'm not settling with some ghetto, half painted purple room. Haha.

So I already had done Friday's theme, because I technically post this a little after midnight this morning. And because I'm tired, I'm not going to have any theme list thing for this entry, since this morning's one took care of that. Guess I'm off to bed. Laters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

those pancakes look delicious. like, seriously...i really want chocolate banana pancakes right now.

and you SHOULD see Inglorious Basterds! I liked it a lot. Nick and Beth didn't like it so much because they said it was boring, but I really think they didn't like it because most of it was in subtitles and they hate reading haha

September 13, 2009 at 4:25 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

yeah, i saw all three of his apologies. so pathetic! he really is an idiot. when i'm famous, i plan on carrying myself in a respectful manner haha. and of course i love HOVA!! haha. he's my favorite rapper. a few years ago i made the girl i was dating before matt a mix cd, and one of the songs on it was jay-z's cover of 'bonnie and clyde'...and my girlfriend played the mix and i started singing all the words to the song...and she just burst out laughing..she was like...what the heck?! you like jay-z?? everyone finds it really shocking. i don't know why. i'm not all about the disney stars haha

September 14, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home