Taking things a day at a time

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The high hasn't worn off yet

Still feeling good about the slam from Tuesday. :) If you guys didn't see the vid, the link is in the previous entry or you can find it on Facebook.

Thanks for the snaps, Jamika. Yeah, I was incredibly nervous and it kinda freaked me out. But I'm glad I did it, it was something I kinda had to do.

My friend Chelsea suggested I start a podcast for my poetry and performances. But I have no idea how to go about doing that. Any of you guys know??

Trivia Thursday:
1. Kiefer Sutherland's full name is: Kiefer William Fredrick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland. Yeah, what was Donald thinking?! That is probably one of the most ridiculous full name's I've ever heard of. Bonus trivia about Kiefer: he also has a twin sister. And in case you were wondering, her full name is Rachel Sutherland. Yeah, she got the short end of the stick.

2. In the movie E.T., the sound that's made when E.T. is walking was made by someone squishing his/her hands together in jelly. That actually sounds like a cool gig. Making sound effects would be neat.

3. The King of Hearts in a card deck is the only king that doesn't have a moustache. I guess he wasn't a fan of Bert Reynolds. :P

I watched Stand By Me tonight, one of my favorites. I think I mentioned this before, but a long time ago, that I love those friendship movies, or anything with that kind of mood and message. Like The Sandlot and Now and Then. You know, I actually watched the second and third Sandlot movies this summer. They weren't terrible. But of course, they didn't even come close to the '93 original. I wouldn't buy them but if they were playing it on tv again and I had nothing else to do, I'd watch it.

I think I need more movies. Just because I've literally watched alllll my movies time and time again. I've kinda been cycling through them, in the same order, which makes me laugh. But then I stop laughing because I do want more movies so I don't have to keep rewatching the ones I already own. But, no movies right now. Must save up for Oregon.

I love Matisyahu. That guys crazyyyy. In a good, Jewish-rapper kind of way. Shalom.

Song of the day: "Not Coming Home" by Maroon

3 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Zaida!!! second place is awesome! i'm so proud of you!!! i'm going to watch your video right after i post this...that is so awesome! congratulations. i'm sure you killed it

October 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

your video was so good! i felt like i was there watching it...i liked it a lot, seriously. also, that blonde bitch in the front row was talking...i would've thrown my shoe at her head :)

October 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I can't believe you did the poetry slam. That is so kick ass... and you got second place. Holy Crap! Way to be awesome. One more reason why I think you are pretty bad ass. I am proud of you and your really great poem. That's challenging to do. Especially with something so personal.

Love the trivia. Damn Keifer got one crazy name.

Yeah, making sound effects is pretty cool. I am in the sound design class this year. It's surprising how much is technical and also how much is just made up like the jelly thing, and a lot of sound effects in Star Wars.

Jewish-rapper... that makes me happy. The ultimate in white rapper. :) Like when Ben said "It's TY-rell Motha Fucka" soooo funny.

October 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home