Taking things a day at a time

Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Hold on tight and enjoy the ride, girl"

Song of the day: "Alone Again (Naturally)" by Gilbert O'Sullivan

Damn. I haven't written the whole week. Straaaange.

So I talked to Kaena on Tuesday. And she basically explained that both she and Heather thought I didn't like them because I would roll my eyes at them when they did something stupid. Apparently they didn't get that that was my way of saying, "you guys are silly" instead of yelling and calling them names, which is the way that they do it. And I talked sassy to them. But I swear they really meant sarcastic, because I can understand that I was sarcastic. Sassy is kinda different, and not my style. But, whatev. I really could care less about them, especially Heather. And I don't work with her anymore, which is a bonus. :)

Dudes. You NEED to check this out. It's absolutely hilarious. But at the same time, I felt kinda wrong scrolling along looking at all the pictures. But I think I laughed more than I felt icky inside. Enjoy. :]

For my art sculpture, I wanted to do the scene from Wizard of Oz, when the house falls on Nessa, er, I mean the Wicked Witch of the East. But I think that trying to make the grass and especially the shoes out of clay would've been hard for me to do. So instead yesterday I started making a hot air balloon. The balloon part I did with paper mache, and I made the basket out of clay. I can fit Mika's ninja action figures in there. :P I should paint it today and finish it tomorrow.

I'm ALMOST done with the poem I'm doing for Tuesday's slam. I decided that I'd do the poem about Sumner. I was originally gonna save that for next month, because November's slam is just a few days before National To Write Love On Her Arm day, buuuuutttttttt I'm leaving for Oregon on that day, so I can't do the slam. I still wonder if Sean-Joseph's doing it or not. Hmm... Well, I am. And that's what's important.

Storytime Saturday:
The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister



I wonder if this book was popular on the mainland. For some reason I always associate books having to do with the ocean and sealife to be distributed only in Hawai`i. That's weird, isn't it? I remember reading this in elementary for group storytime or something like that. Ah, good times. When we were young...not to be confused with that Killers song that I'm not a fan of anymore because of its excessive play on the radio.

When all the world is gone and dead
I'll still be the one to hold your hand

Title song and above lyrics from The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus's song, "No Spell" off their new album, Lonely Road.

It's awesome how music can make a day so much better. :)

I think today we're gonna go see Zombieland. Tell ya how it is later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I like your song of the day. I used to listen to that song a lot when I was in high school.

And I love those drawings.... sooooo funny. And a little sexy. Peter Pan looked very feminine. The ones of the live people were pretty good.

I used to read that book. I loved the colors.... soooo pretty. I used to wish I was a rainbow fish. I think it was a pretty popular book here too.

So, this guy I am working with in my directing scene is Hawaiian and he is from Oahu! His name is Kaston Gleason. I was wondering if you knew him. He is a pretty nice guy. My other actor was in too much light and he is the new mini Caleb Kearns... ugh.

October 11, 2009 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger J. Cordelia said...

Glad you got to talk with your coworkers.

That would have been an awesome sculpture. You should take pictures of your hot air balloon when you're done with it and post them!

Those drawings were amazing, yet...so wrong, haha.

Tuesday is almost here! Are you getting excited? How's the memorizing and stuff coming? You'll have to let me know how it goes.

I loved that book, btw. :)

October 11, 2009 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Zombieland was awesome! i loved it.
also, the rainbow fish book was definitely popular here. i think there was even a show based on the book...possibly on hbo, but i'm not sure.

October 12, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home