Taking things a day at a time

Friday, December 25, 2009

Mele Kalikimaka

Y'know, "Mele Kalikimaka" actually translates to "Christmas song." But "mele" in this sense is being used as merry, jolly, joyous, etc.

Song of the day: "Double Vision" by Foreigner

I like wrapping things I got for myself so I have at least a few for sure things I can open on Christmas. :P I only got myself 2 movies and a mug. But not just any mug, a WONDER WOMAN mug. Very appropriate, as far as family tree goes. :]

I was surprised at the lack of Christmas movies that were on today. Maybe it was just my timing? But I did not get to watch either Grinch movies, and I usually catch both of them every year. Same thing with A Charlie Brown Christmas. Boo.

Favorite Christmas song: "Please Come Home For Christmas"

Any version of that song is great: Bon Jovi, Aaron Neville, B.B. King, The Eagles, Etta James...anyone! It's a great "groovable" song. I should coin that word. Haha. But really, that's one of the few groovable Christmas songs, and that's probably why I like it so much.

Shitty deals for New Year's Eve: I work. Just like how they scheduled me to work on Christmas Eve. What's even worse is that I'm closing BY MYSELF! What assholes.
I guess I should go and apply to even more places. Ugh.

Dudes. Did you guys hear about the new movie coming out in 2010 that Miley Cyrus is starring in? It's a Nicholas Sparks book-gone-movie. Je-sus. -_-

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Sucks about work. Ben has the same deal. He has to work closing for New Year's eve... which means we will do nothing... oh well, I will probably be working on my finals I missed.

My favorite christmas song is Baby, it's cold outside... I like it because it's not necessarily a Christmas song. It's just kinda cute.

Oh, the movie with Miley Cyrus... ugh. Yeah, probably won't be watching that. Plus it looks like it's directed more towards a younger group. I am not a fan of Miley Cyrus.

Well, Z-unit. I hope that your Christmas didn't suck too bad. Miss you!

December 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

Zaida: I missed all Christmas movies this year. It was really sad. It didn't really feel like Christmas to me. I worked on Christmas eve too, so...that also made it not feel very christmasy. I did hear a lot of christmas music though. But it was mostly english christmas songs sung by koreans...so...it was kind of hilarious. picture william hung singing, but with a better voice haha...
i'm working on New Year's Eve too. You'll be fine! At least you work with cookies. I'd much rather work with cookies than kids ;) hahaha

December 28, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home