Taking things a day at a time

Friday, December 18, 2009

Stoner driver + me in car

= scared shitless.

I think it's a little funny that of all the mainland terms/phrases I picked up is "sketchy." It's more funny that I never said it while I was in Oregon. Only once I came back home. Strange.

But yes, Wednesday night I thought I was going to die.

Or get pulled over by the cops.

So since we don't have a car I've been catching the bus, you guys knew that. But this week the mall started closing late, so I get off work at 10:30. I told my manager if she's going to schedule me for closing then I need to work with someone that can give me a ride home. And that would be Kaena. Monday/Tuesday was fine, her mom picked us up. But on Wednesday Kaena got into a car accident earlier in the day so she didn't have her car. She was gonna call her mom, but wanted to hang out with her friend Sarah instead. I know Sarah a little since she comes by the store a lot. The thing is, Sarah's boyfriend was driving.

Don't know if you guys know this about me, but I'm really picky/paranoid when it comes to getting into cars with people I don't know. I've never met this JJ before in my life and I really wasn't cool with getting a ride from him. But Kuni didn't pick up her phone, Sean-Joseph doesn't drive anymore, and I didn't know anyone else in the area that could get me. So I had no choice, really, especially since the last buses were already gone.

He was so fucking stoned. Both he and Sarah were. I swear, they reeked, the car reeked, the air ten feet around the car reeked of pot. It was nauseating for me. And he was swirving, speeding then coming to a quick stop, speeding then coming to a quick stop. I seriously thought we were either going to crash, or he'd get pulled over and then get busted.

I'm wondering if something like that will happen again tonight at work. Since it's a Friday, I know for sure Kaena is gonna go out with her friends. Come to think of it, she does that every night. So if she isn't driving, or her mom, I'm not getting a ride from her. I swear, I'd rather walk all the way back home than get into a car with one of her stoner friends. And I get off at 11:30! Bullshit, I swear.

I was literally scared for my life.

And fuck this Christmas Eve party and Secret Santa BULLSHIT!!! Who makes people give FOUR fucking Secret Santa gifts?! And a Christmas Eve party with coworkers?! Fuck that. Especially because my manager is bitch and isn't including Stacey. God, I need to find a new job.

...

What has everyone been up to? I figure finals have been going on this week, but since it's Friday you guys should be done and on your way home, or wherever/whatever you guys are doing for break. When does Jan term start?

CONGRATS JAMIKA!!!!! You're done with college!! :) Lucky. Oh, and did you get my letter yet? Hopefully you get it before you go back home.

Song of the day: "Send The Pain Below" by Chevelle

::[e][d][i][t]::

Sooooo. I just joined Twitter. FOLLOW ME!! If you like. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home