Taking things a day at a time

Monday, January 25, 2010

Best. Day. EVER.

Well, maybe not ever. But it's pretty damn close.

I auditioned for The Princess and the Iso Peanut on Friday, with Kuni, Drew, and Megann.

AND I GOT CAST!!!!

You guys have no idea how stoked I am about this!! It's my first audition since I've been home, and my first community theatre audition! For a really long time I've been so scared to audition for a community theatre show, because there's such a wide range of actors that go out for it. It's like I'm a tadpole in that group, you know? But, with some convincing I went and just did it.

I think Fuj said I'm part of the ensemble, with 3 roles: Princess Tinks She Bad, a pirate wench, and a Filipino sista, I think. XP

It's hilarious because this show is in Pidgin. Well, half in Pidgin, half in standard English. I guess this is my Comedy of Errors, except better, because it's legit.

It was so hard, because I had to sing. And I'm not that great of a singer. But I'm really happy I grew some balls and went. :) Kuni, Drew and Megann also got cast! Which is really exciting, we had our own audition group on Friday. It was comforting having them there, for sure.



And Fuj is directing it!! Which was the big push for me to go out for it. It's gonna be so boss, this show. Chee!

I'm a little too excited about getting cast that I think I might skip today's theme. I can't seem to focus on a memory of mine, even though there's a billion stored in my head.

I have some ha`awina to do...

Song of the day: "Don't Do Me Like That" by Tom Petty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home