Taking things a day at a time

Friday, April 9, 2010

OPENING NIGHT!

I'm ready for opening of Iso Peanut. So ready.

Last night we had our preview show and about 500 people came. It was great having people in the house and seeing what parts and lines they react to. I think they really enjoyed. I mean, duh, it's a funny show! Lots of funny, local jokes, that I think you'd only get if you lived here. But regardless, anyone would enjoy this show.

Man. I LOVE my Linfield friends. <3

First Time Friday
Opening night of a community theatre show



That would be TONIGHT! I think it's going to be awesome. First off, we're in the Hawai`i Theatre. It was voted as the best historic theatre building in 2008 in the entire country. The building is so beautiful, and it's a legit theatre! It seats about 1,400 I think, which is ridiculous to imagine that many people in one room to see a play.

I've wanted to do community theatre for so long. The appeal to me was that you get to work with a cast of all age ranges and talents. In high school and college, you're basically working with people within your same "group" you know? But in this show, I've learned a lot about the profession of acting from some of the older actors in my cast. I've also been reminded of the simplicity of doing a show and having fun from some of the younger girls in the show. It's great to see so many different people come together to make one cast and do a production like this. It's what makes me want to do this kind of thing for as long as I can.

And even though there have been so many rough patches and speed bumps during this show, dealing with stupid people and uncommitted friends, they don't matter. What matters is that I've been having a great experience doing this show and meeting all these new people. I mean, now I've got over 400 friends on Facebook thanks to Iso Peanut! XP But seriously though, the good, in the end, will always triumph over the bad.

Also, Hau`oli lā hanau JESSE!!! <3 Ahhhh, what I would give to see him in concert. I recently told my friend Tiana that I would give my left ovary to see him in concert here in HI. Dramatic? Probably, but I'm fine with that.

Song of the day: "She's No You" by Jesse McCartney

1 Comments:

Blogger Chloe' said...

Oh my god...your preview was 500 people!?
Hoooooollllyy crap!!! That's incredible. I've neeever performed in from of that many people! Go Zaida, you rock.

Aaand I totally agree about community theater. I feel like it gets a bad Rap but in many ways would be a better opportunity to grow than say..doing a show with Janet. Community theater is exciting in the fact that...you really don't know who will audition, or direct or...whatever.

I seriously wish I could see it...you should definitely post pictures.

April 10, 2010 at 1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home