Taking things a day at a time

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Iso excited. :)

Iso Peanut is gonna be PIMP.

I'm so incredibly excited for this, you have no idea. But I'm also feeling really inept and untalented compared to everyone else in the cast. For reals. I am not a singer at all, and when we had our first rehearsal last night and I saw some of the cast members, I thought, "holy shit, how am I here?!" But really, the cast if fucking bomb. It's gonna be a good show.

The only real shitty thing about it is that half the rehearsals are gonna be all the way out in HAWAI`I KAI!! Fucking A. I have no clue how to get there on the bus or how long that'll take. Plus, I'm thinking if I have work before rehearsal, and with afternoon traffic I'm worried I won't make it out there on time. Shit. I was hoping that all rehearsals were gonna be at Waiau, but no, half are at Ainahaina. FUCK.

Yesterday I went to the poetry slam and ended up doing a poem. I wasn't planning on it because I had absolutely nothing prepared for it. But first James asked if I was gonna slam, because there were only 4 people signed up; which is so incredibly sad. Then John asked if I could at least be the sacrificial poet. No, they didn't offer me up to the slam poetry gods or anything...although that would've definitely pulled in more people to watch. But what the means is that I was the opener for the event, reading a poem that wasn't going to be judged. Kinda like an ice breaker poet. So that was on the spot and kinda hilarious. I had to scribble some 5 lines to end a poem I'd never finished. XP Luckily the parts that I actually put thought into sounded good and people liked it. :)

Watch This Wednesday



This is a clip of the filming of the movie The Battle of Shaker Heights. LOVE Shia's realization moment at :55, after he mentions his dad was in AA. It's hilarious. XP But seriously though, I heard about this movie a few months after it came out years ago, but I have never gotten my hands on it actually watch it. Then, I stumbled across this video clip literally 3 days after it was posted up on YouTube (because it was posted ON my birthday, hehe) and I have been CRAVING to watch this movie.

Suppose I should go organize my script and information papers and whatnot...

Song of the day: "Giddy Up" by Katchafire

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Cordelia said...

Woohoo! Glad you're excited! Working with talented people always has the potential to be fun.

That was a great moment in that video. I laughed; it was priceless. That whole, "Jesus...Anonymous..." was just hilarious. I love watching behind the scenes footage of movies. It's always so cool to see what people were thinking when they have to do a big scene, and how they prepare for it.

I hadn't heard of this movie, but I just watched the trailer and it looks like something I'd dig.

That's cool that you were able to get up there and do a poem on a whim like that. Kudos. :)

February 11, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home