Taking things a day at a time

Sunday, February 7, 2010

A toast: To blogging!

I've realized I've been going about this blog thing all wrong. Well, not really. Just one part of it. I wait until I see a comment on my most recent blog, so I know that at least one person has read it. And then I go and write another blog. But, that's really not what I should be doing. I think it's because I want to know that someone is reading what I write on here, and it's nice, to see that there's a comment when I log in. But I really shouldn't be writing it for you guys. I mean, there is that part of a blog, to have others read your entries, but this blog is also for me. Just to write. And I think that's what's important.

But to those who do read my blog regularly and are kind enough to leave comments, thank you! :) Especially because I know none of my friends from home read it. I feel a lot of them are so self-absorbed.

So the scene festival came and went, and I couldn't be happier! I am NEVER going to do anything at the LCC Theatre again. Ever. It was so chaotic there, and very unprofessional. I know it's just a community college, but shit, they could at least have some sort of system and structure to it. Although I did think on it for a while and maybe I'm just spoiled, because I worked with Fuj and Kamehameha, and then I went to another private school, Linfield. I have high expectations for theatre, and any other performance art genre. But damn, LCC is just so ghetto, like it was just a joke.

Granted, there was one other scene that was decent, and Joe was cool (although his scene wasn't). That's another thing: Sean didn't introduce me to anyone else! I'd never done a production there, so I didn't know a single person other than Sean and Sisa. So I had to go out of my way to introduce myself to them, and they are so clique-y. But once I said my name, they'd give me a weak, forced smile, they'd go back to doing whatever and talking with each other. I literally just stood by myself for over an hour each night, even during tech, because no one talked to me. At least last night, I shared a 2 minute conversation with 2 guys, but that was about it. Well, enough energy was wasted on this scene festival, so I will stop with that.

Sing Me A Song Sunday
"Mademoiselle" by Styx

In general, I really love Styx. Definitely one of the rock bands from the 70's and 80's that I really dig. ...And yes, I just used the word "dig" and I'm fine with that. I like that they kept with the rock music -- not hard rock, or metal rock, but close to classic rock -- even throughout the 80's when it became trendy to switch over to mainstream music, like using a synthesizer, ie: Van Halen. I'm not knockin' VH, because that's one of my favorite bands as well. But, other than "Mr. Roboto," Styx didn't have another hit song that utilized the synthesizer. They're just rad, plain and simple.

REHEARSALS START THIS TUESDAY!!!!! ^______^

From today's PostSecret:





Song of the day: "It Ends Tonight" by All-American Rejects

4 Comments:

Blogger Sidan Archion said...

I read everything, I just don't always have something to say... I will try to comment more.

I have food stamps and I buy soda and junk food... But I got bananas and good food too. I just don't think life should be without sweet things, vegetables and fruits do not solve problems like ice cream and cookies and some good beef jerky.

I miss your face! Were you just in this scene thing or are doing something else, cause I remember there being something about auditions? Anywho, loves!

February 8, 2010 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Sidan Archion said...

And my grammar sucks apparently. Sorry! I think I am slowly dying a wordless death.

February 8, 2010 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I read all of your blogs too. I just don't always feel like commenting because, as my mom says, I can be a hermit sometimes. But I am always there listening and enjoying the blog. But, I also am one of those people who writes for the comments. I guess that's the wrong way to put it. I mean, I also seem to write/post a blog based on when a comment is posted. Sometimes it's nice to know people are reading. But, I should also blog more. I think it would help me with some of my stress.

Well, even if the scene thing was crazy I hope you had fun acting in it! And hey! My rehearsals start tonight! Woo hoo. I am so glad you are in a play. That's just awesome. I wish I could come see you.

I also love Styx. I love 60's-80's music. It's really all I listen to. Anyway, time for rehearsal! LOVE!!!!!

February 8, 2010 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger J. Cordelia said...

My slowness to comment stems from pure laziness, haha. Every so often it's from actually being busy (which only happens a few times a year). But I always try to comment on each blog. I do read each blog when you first post them, though. Like this one, I read a few hours after it showed up that you had posted it, but here I am just now commenting.

I know what you mean, though. It took me a while to get used to just blogging on a regular basis.

Sometimes, I purposely don't post because I want a certain post to be the first one people see when they come to my blog. If no one comments on it, I figure I'll just keep it there for a bit and then assume that people have come and gone and just didn't want to comment.

Though, it is nice to get that verification that someone is reading.

On another note, I always think of that Adam Sandler movie, "Big Daddy" when someone mentions Styx. And the line where the kid says something like, "I learned that Styx was one of the greatest American rock bands and they only caught a bad rep because most critics are cynical assholes."

February 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home