Taking things a day at a time

Sunday, April 25, 2010

New job = new annoyances

So, kiddies, what has happened this past week? Well, a lot, but I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

I had my first 3 days of training for my new job at Cherry on Top. They split the training up so that every day there were 2 groups of people. I was always in the earlier group, mostly with less people than the second group. During all 3 days, they hadn't set up the register so I couldn't learn how to use it. It's a touch screen so I really wanted to try it out.

I don't like the fact that when I go in for my first shift on Tuesday, I'm not gong to have any time to really learn how to use the register, but I'm just going to be thrown into it. I guess that's part of a new job, but I feel like if they just pushed back the opening one day, then it would've given all of us time to really learn things about the job.

The head honcho guy from LA came down this past week. And he really pissed me the fuck off. Since the first day. He got all up in my grill at one point and started picking on me out of the entire group. Not only was I embarrassed, having just met my coworkers, and to have them see me get singled out was just fantastic, but he was just being a douche bag in general. I hope his visits to HI are few and far apart.

My coworkers, for the most part, are all younger than me. Half all know each other, through the same school, or they're related. 4 of them are all cousins, cousins to one of the managers too! It's almost not cool, I think. Because those 4 that are related to the managers didn't have to apply or have an interview. They were just handed the job and I don't think that's all that fair.

Tomorrow I work with this kid, Kawika. He's a year older than me, and he's a total haole that tries to be local and moke. That seriously bugs me. I get that he likes to surf, and has that stereotypical douche-bag-local-boy thing down real well, but it just really bugs me. Meh. 5 hours tomorrow and Tuesday with him? Geez. So lame. CLOSING SHIFT no less. >_<

From today's PostSecret:







The auditions for Once Upon One Time are coming up and I need to find my monologue I did for Iso Peanut. I didn't know this, but the cast calls for 16 men, and only 8 women!! I sincerely hate those odds. I guess I didn't know this because when Fuj did it in high school, he cast girls as guy roles to make it more even. Damn. I'm a lot more nervous now that I know the odds.

Song of the day: "There Are Worst Things I Could Do" by Stockard Channing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home