Taking things a day at a time

Monday, April 12, 2010

Opening weekend a success!

The Princess and the Iso Peanut is a big hit! Everyone is loving the show. :)

On opening night, Lisa Matsumoto's family came to the show and they basically left in tears. It's the first show `Ōhia has done since Lisa passed, which is a really big deal. This was one of her favorites, so it's pretty special to everyone involved. I know that I feel really honored to be in such a production, putting on this show that brings crowds every night. Saturday and Sunday, there were groups of little girls that actually came to the show dressed up in princess dresses and tiaras! ^_^

It's been nice to see some friends that I haven't seen in so long! Tarina and Brandi came, also a bunch of the seniors up at KS. They all dressed up and were cheering throughout the whole show. I know Fuj was super happy to see them too.

Anyways. There's talk about Manoa Valley Theatre doing Once Upon One Time this summer, and everyone (well, not really, but a bunch of people) from the cast are going to be auditioning. I want to, but Manoa Valley is pretty far away. And I was fortunate to have this show be at Hawai`i Theatre, and half the rehearsals at Waiau in Pearl City. And to know someone who lives out my side who could give me rides home. I don't know. I really wanna audition for that show, it's such a great, funny production. But, I have to figure things out.

Damn. Only if I drove.

Song of the day: "Throwing Rocks Tonight" by Brandston

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

i'm glad your show is going well! i'll have to check out the pictures. congratulations!

April 17, 2010 at 1:06 AM  
Blogger DJ Squid said...

Yeaahhh, you're definitely auditioning. You can always decide later whether or not you can actually do it, but you should always audition :)

April 19, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home